Benefit Choice Annual Enrollment
BENEFIT CHOICE ANNUAL ENROLLMENT: MAY 1 - 31, 2023
Update your benefit choices at MyBenefits. Coverage will be effective July 1,
This is your opportunity to make changes to
your coverage. If you do not wish to make any changes to your current beneﬁt
elections, you do not need to take any action unless you want to:
- Contribute to, or enroll in, a ﬂexible spending account
program including Medical Care Assistance Program (MCAP) and/or Dependent
Care Assistance Program (DCAP),
- OR, if you are enrolled in the Consumer Driven Health
Plan (CDHP) and want to make contributions to your Health Savings Account
- These elections do not carry over to the new plan year.
Watch your mail for your Benefit Choice
booklet with full details about benefits available on July 1, 2023.
Visit MyBeneﬁts.Illinois.gov to log in and review your beneﬁt options
and compare health plans. You can also review the benefits choice booklet online.
If you have not registered before now, be sure to watch this video or review the registration guide on how to register.
Changes: Contribution amounts,
co-pays and deductibles (if applicable) have not increased. Please refer
to the FY24 Benefits Choice Booklet for additional plan details.
- Health Plan Availability: Members have multiple health plans from which to
choose, Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Open Access Plans (OAPs)
and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) Network. Be sure to check the
Benefit Choice Booklet and carrier websites for coverage details and
provider availability to pick the plan that’s right for you.
- Dental Only Coverage Benefit: State employees, in addition to retirees, now
have the option to enroll in Dental Only coverage even if not enrolled in
health coverage through the State.
- Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) & Dependent
Care Assistance Plan (DCAP):
- Any unused funds from your MCAP/DCAP account will be
rolled over as long as you re-enroll in that program.
- MCAP maximum contribution limit is $3,050.00.
- DCAP maximum contribution limit is $5,000.00.
- You must enroll/re-enroll each year to keep from
forfeiting unused amounts.
What else can you do during Open Enrollment?
- Add or drop dental coverage.
- Add or drop dependent coverage.
- Review MyBenefits Plus Voluntary Benefit Options.
- Verify your contact email and select your communication
Contact MyBenefits Service Center at
844-251-1777, or 844-251-1778 (TDD/TTY) with inquiries. Representatives are
available Monday- Friday, 8 am - 6 pm CT.
Kelli Davis — Human ResourcesMay 1st, 2023