Become a member of EIU's Adult Fitness Program!
EIU's Adult Fitness program is a physical fitness program for adults in Coles County and surrounding areas. Fitness assessments are conducted on all new members to guide the development of an individualized exercise program to help them meet their fitness goals. Graduate students then support the members through the exercise program.
Graduate students at Eastern Illinois University, under the supervision of faculty members, conduct initial screenings on all new members. Additionally, members undergo a progress screening as needed and an annual rescreen. The initial and annual screenings include:
- Body composition analyses
- Muscular strength measurements
Members have the option of exercising either in the morning and/or at lunchtime in Lantz Arena.
Availability of facilities is as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 5:30 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. — Student Recreation Center (SRC) and Lap Swimming
- *Each semester we offer group fitness classes led by our graduate students in the SRC (i.e., bootcamp, neuromotor training)
- Noon – 1:00 p.m. — Student Recreation Center and Lap Swimming
- 6:00 a.m. – 6:45 a.m. — Pilates
An annual fee of $70 is charged for the screening as well as one-year of membership. Current EIU faculty, staff, and EIU annuitants are charged a discounted rate of $40 for one year of membership.
Fax (217) firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Fitness Office
1011 Lantz Arena
Phone (217) 581-7579