Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Department of Payroll

Civil Service Supplemental

Time Cards


Supplemental time cards are used to accommodate payment of civil service overtime, shift differential and/or upgrades for employees paid by the hour and performing regularly assigned duties that must be charged to another department.

Example: A plumber whose wages are normally charged to a general revenue account is called back to repair a leak in Carman Hall and that work is chargeable to a bond revenue account.

Supplemental Time Card (PDF)

These charges must first be authorized by the fiscal agent of the department to be charged. That fiscal agent will establish a "V" position through the Payroll Office. This will be done at the beginning of the fiscal year or before any chargeable work is done. The fiscal agent of the department to be charged will contact the payroll supervisor to receive supplemental time cards. The fiscal agent of the department being charged will distribute time cards to the employee's work department.

The hours worked should be entered and the appropriate signatures obtained. Signatures are required from the employee, the supervisor for the supplemental work, the regular work supervisor, and the fiscal agent of the department to be charged. The supplemental time cards will be submitted by the fiscal agent of the department being charged.

If hours recorded on the supplemental time card are overtime hours, then upgrades, differentials and shift premiums should be extended according to the appropriate contract.

Please feel free to call the Payroll Office at 217-581-2214 if you need help or have any questions about recording time on time cards. We will arrange training as a department or on a one-on-one basis, as requested.

Related Pages

Contact Information


Old Main Room 2011
600 Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920
Phone: 217-581-5510
Fax: Fax: 217-581-3614

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit