Digital Media Minor
The minor in Digital Media provides students with opportunities to learn about the processes involved in the development and publishing of web, cross media, gaming, animation, simulation and other multimedia. Students majoring in Digital Media are excluded from the Digital Media Minor.
Click here for the current Digital Media Minor Checklist
Total Hours: 18
Core Courses (6 hours)
- DGT 1363 - Introduction to Graphics Technology: 3 Credits
- DGT 4333 - Trends in Digital Media: 3 Credits
Elective Courses (minimum of 12 hours)
- DGT 2123 - Digital Photography: 3 Credits
- DGT 3343 - Transmedia Technologies: 3 Credits
- DGT 4123 - Advanced Digital Photography: 3 Credits
- DGT 4353 - Multimedia Production Management: 3 Credits
- DGT 4814 - Digital Media Strategy: 3 Credits
- DGT 3303 - Introduction to Gaming, Animation and Simulation: 3 Credits
- DGT 3313 - 3D Modeling for Gaming, Animation and Simulation: 3 Credits
- DGT 4753 - Video Technology: 3 Credits
- DGT 4813 - Front End and Mobile Website Development: 3 Credits
Other suggested minors include
See the sections of the catalog pertaining to those minors for a list of requirements.
Apply now to the Degree in Digital Media at EIU.
Want to learn more about the Degree in Digital Media? Contact the Digital Media Program Coordinator Gabe Grant