Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Child Care Resource and Referral

Payment Information

Payment Amount:

How much will I be paid?

Payments or "rates" are determined by IDHS based on whether you are a child care center, licensed home provider or license-exempt provider, and the age of the child. Your daily rate is also based on the number of hours a child is in care:

  • Full-day rate: child is in care 5-12 hours per day.
  • Part-day rate: child is in care less than 5 hours per day.
  • School-age rate: school-aged child in care less than 5 hours per day while school is in session.

Make sure you discuss these rates with the parent before you begin care. It is illegal to bill the state a higher rate than you charge your private paying parents.

How many days a week will I be paid?

IDHS will pay you for the days and times you provide care while the parent is working, attending an approved school or training program, and traveling to and from the providers' location to work or school.

The number of days per week that a parent is approved for will be on his or her approval letter. The number of approved days is based on the parent's work and/or school schedule and check stubs that the parent submits with the child care program application.

How are monthly co-payments collected?

How and when you collect the monthly co-payment is between you and the parent. All payment arrangements should be agreed upon before care starts.

The monthly co-payment amount is deducted from the payment you receive from IDHS. If you don't collect the monthly co-payment from a parent, you will not receive full payment.

If a parent has more than one child care provider, only one provider will collect the monthly co-payment. If you have been assigned to collect the monthly co-payment, the amount will be printed on the approval letter you receive. If you are not assigned to collect the monthly co-payment, nothing will be deducted from your child care payment from IDHS. There will not be a co-payment amount listed on your approval letter.

Payment Process:

Typically, payment for child care services that you provide in one month will arrive in the middle of the following month-about three weeks after the CCR&R receives the completed billing certificate.  

  • STEP 1-You receive a billing certificate
  • STEP 2-You and the parent complete and mail the certificate
  • STEP 3-Your payment information is "entered"
  • STEP 4-Payment is "vouchered" through IDHS
  • STEP 5-Office of the Comptroller prints and mails your check

Where do I submit my Child Care Certificate?

  • Mail to CCR&R at 600 Lincoln Avenue, Charleston, IL 61920
  • Deliver to NE Parking lot at the corner of 9th and Roosevelt (blue drop box)
  • Email
  • Download a scanning app on your phone
  • Telephone Billing System-Enter your days over the phone.

Payment Options:

  • Direct Deposit-Have your child care payment deposited directly into your bank account. 
    • Sign up for Direct Deposit by calling 217-557-0930.
  • Illinois Debit MasterCard-Available by contacting your local CCR&R office, online or call 866-338-2944.
  • Paper Check-If you fail to choose another option a mailed paper check is the default option.

Payment Status:

How can I check on the status of my payment?

  • IDHS Child Care Update Line 217-524-9041 is updated periodically with messages about payment processing and provides resources providers can use to track their payments.
  • You can call 800-804-3833 to find out if their payment has been entered by the Child Care Resource and Referral agency and mailed by the State Comptroller. This toll free number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • You can also get payment information by visiting the Illinois State Comptroller website.

Tax Information:

Are my child care payments taxable income?

Yes. When you file your taxes, you are required by law to report all child care payments to the IRS as earned income. Taxes cannot be taken out of the checks you receive. If you are paid at least $600 within a calendar year, you will receive Form 1099-misc. stating the child care income you earned for the year. You should receive your Form 1099 by February 15th.

Related Pages

Contact Information

CCR&R (Quality, Training, Referrals)

3015 Ninth Street Hall

Office Hours

Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-4:30 pm

Office Closures:

New Year Holidays, Martin L. King Birthday,
Lincoln's Birthday, Memorial Day,
Juneteenth, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Election Day,
Thanksgiving Holidays, Christmas Holidays

Child Care Assistance Program

3015 Ninth Street Hall

Summer Office Hours:

Monday -Thursday: 7:45 am to 4:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am to 12:00 pm

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit