Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist
The Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist works together with area providers to enhance the quality of care and learning experience of infants, toddlers, and 2’s in the Clark, Coles, Cumberland, Edgar, Moultrie, and Shelby counties.
The ITCCS collaborates with area providers to improve the quality of care for children under 3 years of age by assisting the needs of local early care and education settings in the areas of infant-toddler brain development and care in addition to providing training for early care and education professionals.
Services provided by the Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist:
- Share information and resources on current infant, toddler, and 2’s developmentally appropriate practices.
- Provide activities and ideas to enhance curriculum for infants, toddlers and 2’s.
- Provide technical assistance via face to face, phone or email.
- Provide onsite consultation and trainings on infant, toddler and 2’s environments and issues.
- Assist in designing environments for infants and toddlers to meet the best needs of children in care (safety, space, and materials).
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, support and role modeling in infant toddler curriculum and group setting challenges.
- Develop workshops/trainings to meet the needs of the infant, toddler and 2’s providers.
- Practical ideas and strategies for understanding and working with children under 3 years of age.
- Information on how to use the ITERS (Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale).
For additional information, Cathy Welsh at the Child Care Resource and Referral office at 217- 581-8359.
Interested in improving the quality of care you provide? Click here
Infant Toddler Websites: