Transcripts for current or former students are provided upon receipt of a written request signed by the student or submission of an online transcript request. Telephone requests are not accepted.
Transcripts will not be issued to students with a hold on their records. No transcripts are mailed after 2:30 pm or processed after 4:00 pm.
Transcripts may be sent by mail, email, or fax; or may be picked up by the student in our office by bringing in a photo i.d.
You may print and submit the transcript request form. You may send your request form as an email attachment, fax, mail, or in person.
You may submit an online transcript request through Transcripts On Demand. Transcripts on Demand is a company separate from EIU that specializes in submitting online transcript requests. There is an additional $3 to use this service. Please be aware that the first time you order transcripts through Transcripts on Demand you will be required to send a signed Consent Form to Transcripts on Demand before your request will be sent to our office for processing.
Transcripts on Demand does not submit your request to EIU until they have received your signed Consent Form. They will issue you a request tracking number, however, EIU does not track transcript requests by these tracking numbers. For questions or concerns regarding your online request, you may contact Transcripts on Demand at 1-877-334-4062.
To order your transcripts through Transcripts On Demand, please click here.
Types of Requests and Corresponding Fees
$5 Processing - $5 per copy
Our office processes transcript requests in the order in which they are received. The time required for preparation and mailing of transcripts varies; during enrollment and at the end of grading periods, there may be a delay of several days.
$10 Processing- $10 per copy
Transcript requests are processed by the next working day after they are received.
$15 Processing - $15 per copy
Transcript requests are processed by the end of the day they are received.
Unofficial Faxed Transcripts
Requests for unofficial faxed transcripts have the same process times as those that are mailed. An unofficial transcript is faxed to the number provided by the student. The fee for this service is the same as for mailed transcripts.
Transcript Requests Should Include:
- Current name (First, Middle, Last)
- Any name(s) you may have had while attending
- Your E-number
- Approximate last semester and year of attendance
- Address to which the transcript should be sent
- If you want your transcript returned to you in a sealed envelope, you must specifically state that in your request. (This means a stamp reading "Issued to Student in a Sealed Envelope Unofficial if Seal is Broken" will be placed on your transcript. The transcript will then be placed in an envelope, which will be sealed, and the same "Issued to Student…" message will be placed over the envelope's flap.) This will be done only if the transcript is going to be mailed directly back to you or is going to be picked up in our office. Please call the Office of the Registrar at 217-581-3511 if you have any questions about the processing of sealed envelope requests.