Spring 2014 Final Exam Schedule
|First Class meeting of week:||Final Exam Day||Final Exam Time|
|Mon. between 8:00-8:59 a.m.||Mon., May 5||12:30-2:30 p.m.|
|Mon. between 9:00-9:59 a.m.||Mon., May 5||2:45-4:45 p.m.|
|Mon. between 10:00-10:59 a.m.||Tues., May 6||10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.|
|Mon. between 11:00-11:59 a.m.||Tues., May 6||12:30-2:30 p.m.|
|Mon. between 12:00-12:59 p.m.||Wed., May 7||10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.|
|Mon. between 1:00-1:59 p.m.||Wed., May 7||12:30-2:30 p.m.|
|Mon. between 2:00-2:59 p.m.||Thurs., May 8||8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|Mon. between 3:00-3:59 p.m.||Thurs., May 8||12:30-2:30 p.m.|
|Mon. between 4:00-5:59 p.m.||Mon., May 5||5:15-7:15 p.m.|
|Mon. between 6:00-7:59 p.m.||Mon., May 5||7:30-9:30 p.m.|
|Tues. between 8:00-8:59 a.m.||Mon., May 5||8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|Tues. between 9:00-9:59 a.m.||Mon., May 5||10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.|
|Tues. between 10:00-10:59 a.m.||Tues., May 6||8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|Tues. between 11:00-11:59 a.m.||Tues., May 6||2:45-4:45 p.m.|
|Tues. between 12:00-12:59 p.m.||Wed., May 7||8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|Tues. between 1:00-1:59 p.m.||Wed., May 7||2:45-4:45 p.m.|
|Tues. between 2:00-2:59 p.m.||Thurs., May 8||10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.|
|Tues. between 3:00-3:59 p.m.||Thurs., May 8||2:45-4:45 p.m.|
|Tues. between 4:00-5:59 p.m.||Tues., May 6||5:15-7:15 p.m.|
|Tues. between 6:00-7:59 p.m.||Tues., May 6||7:30-9:30 p.m.|
|Wed. between 4:00-5:59 p.m.||Wed., May 7||5:15-7:15 p.m.|
|Wed. between 6:00-7:59 p.m.||Wed., May 7||7:30-9:30 p.m.|
|Thurs. between 4:00-5:59 p.m.||Thurs., May 8||5:15-7:15 p.m.|
|Thurs. between 6:00-7:59 p.m.||Thurs., May 8||7:30-9:30 p.m.|
1. Final examinations are scheduled on the basis of the first class-hour meeting of the week. This is irrespective of whether the first hour is a lecture or a laboratory.
2. Please note that each class' time block includes multiple possible start times. For example, "between 8 a.m. and 8:59 a.m." would cover start times of 8 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 8:40 a.m., etc.
3. Final examinations for multiple-hour classes are scheduled on the basis of the first hour of the multiple-hour block.
4. Final examination periods are not available for every possible class start time. These classes, classes that appear in the class schedule as "ARR," or situations in which a student obtains instructor approval for an examination time change may be given at a time listed below:
|Mon., May 5||8:00-10:00 a.m.||5:15-7:15 pm||7:30-9:30 pm|
|Tues., May 6||8:00-10:00 a.m.||5:15-7:15 pm||7:30-9:30 pm|
|Wed., May 7||2:45-4:45 p.m.||5:15-7:15 pm||7:30-9:30 pm|
|Thurs., May 8||2:45-4:45 p.m.||5:15-7:15 pm||7:30-9:30 pm|
|Fri., May 9||8:00-10:00 a.m.||10:15 am-12:15 pm|
5. University policy (IGP#44) states final examinations shall be part of the evaluation of a student's performance and shall be administered in each course. However, if the character of the course is such that a final examination is not feasible or is unnecessary, the department chair may waive the requirement with the college dean's approval.
6. Students may not deviate from the published final examination schedule without the prior approval of the instructor in accordance with guidelines monitored by the vice president for academic affairs.
7. Instructors may not deviate from the published final examination schedule without the written approval of the department chair and the dean of the college in accordance with guidelines monitored by the vice president for academic affairs.
8. Final exams for half-semester courses should be scheduled for the last day of instruction.
Summer 2014 Final Exam Schedule
Final examinations are scheduled on the last class day.