Civil Service Exit Procedures
Civil Service employees and their supervisors should inform the Human Resources Employment Office of the date and reason for their separation from the University as soon as it is known. This notification will initiate the following exit procedures, and expedite the employee's receipt of any payout due.
- The employee will be asked to complete a Civil Service Employment Separation Notice.
- The employee will receive a memo providing separation tips.
- The Employment Office will give the employee a Civil Service Employee Exit Interview Checklist and instructions on how to complete it. Once completed, the checklist must be returned to the Employment Office on or before the employee's last work day.
- The Employment Office will ask the employee to complete a Confidential Exit Interview Questionnaire.
- EIU Credit Cards (if applicable)
- Telephone Calling Cards (if applicable)
- Panther ID Card. Uniform and other University property.
- Information Technology Services, 581-3227 so they can cancel passwords, cancel e-mail accounts etc.
- Business Office 581-6446 so they can cancel passwords, revoke access to systems etc.