Early Childhood, Elementary, and Middle Level Education
If you are thinking about teaching children in either self-contained or departmentalized classrooms, the programs in Early Childhood, Elementary, and Middle Level Education are designed just for you!
- We are ranked as one of the top teacher candidate preparation programs in the state.
- Our programs are designed to provide learning experiences that will assist students in developing into highly competent and effective teachers.
- Faculty create motivating learning environments through the use of innovative techniques and reflective practices.
- Our programs are nationally accredited and standards-aligned
- We provide numerous field experience opportunities in schools and social agencies throughout the program
- Interactions between staff and students foster collaborative scholarly activities
- Teacher Graduate survey results indicate high satisfaction with teacher preparation program.
- We offer both on and off-campus programs.
The Department of Early Childhood, Elementary, and Middle Level Education is dedicated to providing future educators with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to meet the challenges of today's classroom.
Why Choose EIU for Elementary Education?
We believe in everything our program has to offer, but let's narrow it down to a few key reasons you should check us out.
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Martin Luther King Jr. University Union
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
View All Events...