Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Military Student Assistance Center

Frequently Asked Questions

 We have put together a list of our most frequently asked questions. 



  • How do I apply to Eastern Illinois University?
    • You can apply online through MyEIU. Eastern Illinois University waives the application fee for all Veterans, just click the box stating that you are a veteran in the application. You can contact the Office of Admissions for assistance through the admission process.
  • What transcripts do I need to apply?
    • Eastern Illinois University needs to see transcripts from every institution that you have registered for a class. There are high school and higher education classes that are usable for credit at EIU. We want to make sure you get credit for the classes/trainings you have completed.
  • Am I able to get credit for military training? How do I go about getting those credits?
    • In most cases, course credit can be given for military training. You will just need to submit military transcripts and military service record (DD-214) to the University for evaluation. 
           Have records sent to:
           Eastern Illinois University
           Office of the Registrar
           600 Lincoln Avenue
           Charleston, IL 61920
  • Who do I talk to certify my enrollment for next semester?
    • At Eastern Illinois University, you will talk to Jenny Stout, Veterans Affairs Certifying Official. Jenny can be contacted via email at or by phone at (217) 581-7510. She is located on the second floor of the east wing of the Student Services Building.
  • Do I have to attend an orientation?
    • If you are an on-campus student, you will need to attend an orientation. New student orientation allows students to meet with their advisor, register for classes, get connected to campus, etc. After you are admitted, you will receive and email to register for an orientation day through your MyEIU checklist.

If you have any questions, you can get in touch with the Military Student Assistance Center at (217) 581-7888 or via email at

Related Pages

Contact Information

Military Student Assistance Center

Student Services Building
East Wing

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit