Academic Advising in Political Science
After their first year, Political Science majors at Eastern Illinois University work with our 3 academic advisors, Dr. Jeff Ashley, Mr. John Morris, and Dr. Melinda Mueller on course selection, career planning, and degree options, including General Education requirements, transfer credit, and study plans.
- Who’s my advisor?
- Most students begin meeting with Political Science advisers once they earn 15 credits. Before that, you will meet with your advisor in the Academic Advising Center in McAfee.
- You must meet with your advisor before registration each term. You can sign up on their office door (or sometimes online) usually beginning in mid-September and February. At your advising meetings, you will get the pin number required for registration.
- Academic advisors can connect you to other department advisers and mentors.
Preparing for Advising and Registering for Political Science Classes:
Special Registration Requests:
How Do I Apply for Graduation?
Apply for graduation at least 1 year before you graduate
- Sign into PAWS, click on the "Student" tab, then "Apply for Graduation." On the Applications and Degrees page, click "New Application" and carefully check the listed curriculum information. If your major(s) or minor(s) are missing or incorrect, contact the CLAS Certification Officer, Angie Rhoads at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the curriculum is correct, click "Begin Application." Follow the directions and click "Submit Application" when finished. After submitting the application, an email will be sent to your EIU account with an initial degree audit.
- Graduation application deadlines
- Request to participate in Commencement by Exceptionality