EIU COVID Testing January 12
EIU will once again partner with the Illinois Department of Public Health to offer COVID tests for students, faculty, staff, annuitants, and the local community. Drive-through and walk-up options will be available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, January 12.
- Walk-up testing will be conducted inside the Student Rec Center on Court 5. Enter at the northwest doors of the Rec Center (not the main Rec Center doors). Walk-up lines will be socially distanced.
- Drive-through testing will be conducted outside the south end of the Fieldhouse. Cars are asked to enter the J Lot off Grant Avenue, follow the queue directions, travel south on the lane between the Fieldhouse and O’Brien Field, turn the corner heading east, and continue to the south entrance of the Fieldhouse. After testing, cars will continue east past Lantz Arena and exit onto Fourth Street.
There is no cost for COVID testing at the Jan. 12 clinic dates.
EIU’s masking policy mandates all individuals on campus to appropriately wear a clean cloth or disposable face mask while on campus. Participants must bring their own mask(s), as additional masks will not be provided.
What else to bring:
- A photo ID
- An ink pen to write on the test vial.
- EIU Students: Please provide LOCAL (school) address to the testing staff.
- Insurance cards, if available.
- A smart phone to register for My Chart. To preregister: go.eiu.edu/IDPHMobileReg. My Chart will allow participants to receive results faster. A member of the IDPH testing team will help participants register for My Chart while they are waiting for their tests if they are not able to preregister.