Summer 2020 Credit/No Credit (C/NC) Option Update
To support student success and provide targeted relief, a modified C/NC option for Summer 2020 is now available to undergraduate students with appropriate approvals and application by August 1, 2020. Please note, this process and the form varies from the earlier Spring 2020 accommodation. The Summer 2020 C/NC option seeks to support all of our students who have been impacted by COVID-19, recent unrest, economic challenges, and other issues that have rapidly changed everyday life across the state, nation, and world.
The general process is outlined below:
- An instructor or advisor concerned about an undergraduate student’s academic performance recommends to the student that they might pursue a CR/NC option. Alternatively, the student may initiate this conversation with the instructor.
- Student consults their academic advisor on the CR/NC option for Summer 2020
- No later than August 1, the student petitions to change course grade types from a grade of “C” or “B” to “Credit,” or CR. Individuals with grades of “D” or “F” can request a “No Credit,” or NC.
- The electronic form is routed for review to the faculty, department chair, and the Registrar.
- As in the spring, the C/NC grades for Summer 2020 will not be applied to the maximum of 12 credits permitted pursuant to the catalog.
To make request, please visit: https://www.eiu.edu/acaffair/machform/view.php?id=14504