About the Program
The mission of the Department of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation at Eastern Illinois University includes:
- Professionally preparing our students to gain the experience and knowledge needed for careers in athletic training, exercise science, pedagogy, recreation administration, or sport management.
- Guiding student learning in the development of skills, habits, and attitudes that promote health and wellness.
- Providing advanced discovery and application of knowledge through guided research and creative activities.
- Encouraging the development of critical thinking and good communication skills through professional growth opportunities and experiences.
- Promoting leadership through service at Eastern Illinois University and in professional organizations.