Graduate assistantships provide a monthly stipend in exchange for duties performed as well as a tuition wavier. The assistantship waives tuition only, not fees. Applicants need to submit an online application. The deadline to submit is February 15. Once we review applications we will contact applicants we wish to interview. You can click here for a position description.
OISS GA Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Exceptional cross cultural awareness and customer service skills
- Technical skills with proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Extremely patient and able to work in a fast paced environment
- U.S. driver's license preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
All graduate assistants are required to complete an orientation via Desire2Learn. You will enter your EIU NetID and password to complete the orientation. All necessary information and forms can be accessed from the "Graduate Assistant Orientation" on Desire2Learn.
Campus Units Participating in Employment of GA's
Many EIU departments participate in the hiring of graduate assistants. You can click here to see a full listing of these campus units.
For questions please contact the Office of International Students & Scholars at 217-581-2321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.