Accelerated Graduate Program
WHAT IS THE ACCELERATED DEGREE?
Our accelerated program is for undergraduate students wanting to get a Master’s degree quicker and cheaper! Students who enroll in our accelerated program:
- gain early admission to the graduate program while still an undergraduate
- complete a Master’s degree in 3 semesters rather than the typical two-year (4-semester) program
- gain full admission status to the graduate program upon completing the bachelor’s degree.
WHY CHOOSE THE ACCELERATED PROGRAM?
Students in the accelerated program:
- pay undergraduate tuition and fees while taking graduate classes (one semester)
- finish the master’s degree quicker
- gain a wide range of critical thinking and communication skills that increase marketability in any communication career!
- start careers earlier with higher pay; students with MA degrees earn a weekly median average of $224 MORE than graduates with
only a bachelor’s degree (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Students must meet the following critria to apply for the accelerated program:
- Be an undergraduate major in Communication Studies, Health Communication, Public Relations, or TV & Video Production
- Have completed 60 semester hours of undergraduate work, 15 hours of which must be from one of the above undergraduate majors
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Once admitted to the program, students may select up to 9 hours of credit from the following shared coures:
- CMN 4765 Communication in Families. Credits: 3
- CMN 4770 Television Criticism. Credits: 3
- CMN 4775 Documentary Filmmaking. Credits: 3
- CMN 4820 Political Communication. Credits: 3
- HCM 4910 Applied Health Education. Credits: 3
- CMN 4919 PR Campaigns. Credits: 3
- CMN 4920 PR Case Studies. Credits: 3
- CMN 4921 Seminar in PR. Credits: 3
HOW DO I APPLY?
Students should consult with their undergraduate advisor before applying to the accelerated program.
- Start the application process here.
- Upon acceptance to the program, students must complete this shared course request form with assistance from the program's graduate coordinator.
WANT TO GET STARTED?
Dr. Angela Jacobs