The Graduate Assistant in the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity/Title IX plays an integral role in the daily operation of the office. The Office of Civil Rights & Diversity/Title IX serves as a resource to the university in the areas of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and Diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual reports including but not limited to Affirmative Action Plan, EEO Report, Underrepresented Groups, etc.
- Conduct data analysis and work with spreadsheets for report completion
- Process employment forms as a part of the search process for available positions
- Update and post position announcements to various websites and list serves
- Update office informational brochures
- Attend monthly Sexual Violence Prevention Team meetings
- Conduct presentations for various departments and student groups on campus
- Post mandatory informational flyers in campus buildings
- Provide reception area coverage including but not limited to answering phones, making copies, checking the mail, greeting visitors, etc.
- Interact with faculty, staff, students and administrators on a consistent basis
- Assist with planning diversity programming initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be accepted by the Graduate School and enrolled in a master’s degree program
- Must be familiar with basic Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel
- Be available for a 2-year appointment
For more information, please contact Dr. Shawn D. Peoples, Director of Civil Rights & Diversity/Title IX Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 581-5020.