Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU School of Continuing Education

FAQs for Current Online Students


Technology Assistance


How can I get my EIU Net ID and Password?
New students can get their ID and Password from an academic advisor. Students who previously attended Eastern and are now returning after a brief absence, can call Cheryl Clapp at 217-581-7227 for ID and Password information. Have your E number handy when you place the call as Cheryl will need it in order to provide assistance.

Can I declare a minor?
Please check with your advisor. The requirements are not the same for all minors, so for specific requirements, refer to “majors and minors” in the online undergraduate catalog. 

What are Sponsored Credit courses?

Sponsored credit courses are EIU classes that are sponsored by a third party (such as a Regional Office of Education). Students may register for these courses by contacting the academic department.

I am having difficulty in one of my classes. How can I drop the course?
Students can drop a class via PAWS; however, there are deadlines for doing so. Be sure to check the academic calendar. Students who are receiving financial aid are advised to contact their financial aid representative to inquire about how the drop will affect their benefits.

Where can I find information about financial aid?
The website for the Office of Financial Aid is Carol Waldmann, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, is the individual in that office who is the primary point of contact for off-campus students. Students may contact her by phone at 217-581-7514.

I have a hold on my account. What does that mean?
There are various types of holds, but all serve as reminders that something has been neglected or needs attention. For example, the Business Office will place a hold on a student’s record when there is a late payment that is due, Textbook Rental Services will place a hold on a student’s record when a textbook is not returned, etc. Some holds restrict a student from accessing PAWS so it is important for students to have a hold cleared from their record as quickly as possible. To have a hold removed, students must contact the office which placed the hold on their account. If students are unsure of why a hold is on their record, they can contact the Records Office at 217-581-3511.

How do I get my diploma after graduation?
Diplomas are mailed to students from the EIU Records Office and normally take at least 6-8 weeks from the close of the semester to be processed. Upon completion of your degree, if you have not received your diploma in the mail after the 6-8 week period, you may contact the Records Office to inquire. Their phone number is 217-581-3511.

I am interested in Graduate School. Who should I contact?
Students interested in continuing toward a Master's degree can contact the graduate coordinator for the program to which they plan to apply. Contact information can be found in the online graduate catalog under “Degrees and Programs.”

Graduate Catalog

Related Pages

Contact Information

School of Continuing Education

600 Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920
(217) 581-5114

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit

Give to EIU

Every gift made to Eastern Illinois University -- whether it's big or small -- makes a difference. EIU's generous donors are helping our students fulfill their dreams every day, and you can be part of that.

Learn more about how to make your contribution today!