Applying to the Pine Honors College
In order be admitted to the Honors College, you must first apply, and be accepted, to Eastern Illinois University. That may be done through the Office of Admissions, online.
The Office of Admissions works closely with the Pine Honors College, so your application to the university is also your application to the Honors College. That allows you to submit just one application packet and transcript.
If you meet the standards for admission (see below), you will be sent a welcome letter from the dean, and additional information.
For admission to University Honors, entering freshmen must meet two of the following.
(1) have an ACT composite score of 26 or greater (SAT score of 1760/2400 or greater)
(2) Upper 10% of their graduating high school class, or an unweighted high school GPA of 3.50 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
(3) Permission from the Dean of the Pine Honors College may be required for individuals on the borderline.
So, if you a freshman who meets the ACT and GPA (or class rank) criteria, congratulations, you are automatically admitted to honors. You will receive a letter from the Dean of the Pine Honors College shortly after you are admitted to the university.
If you meet only one of those two criteria, and are still interested in Honors, you can petition the Dean of the Pine Honors College for permission to enroll by filling out the form below.
Continuing students at EIU, and transfer students*, may be admitted after meeting the following criteria:
- Attainment of a 3.50 GPA for at least 12 hours of coursework taken at EIU (continuing students), or
- An unweighted 3.50 GPA, on a 4.00 scale, for all transfer coursework (transfer students*)
* Transfer students must also have their transcripts evaluated by the Honors College prior to their admission to the Honors College.
Permission from the dean of the Honors College may be required for individuals on the borderline.
Scholarships and Awards
The Sandra and Jack Pine Honors College offers several substantial scholarships and awards to qualified individuals entering as Eastern Illinois University. We encourage you to look at the Scholarships and Award pages and apply if you qualify. If you have questions, please feel free to contact at 217-581-2017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Admissions Offices
- Bachelor of General Studies Program
- Graduate School
- International Programs
- Transfer Relations
Other Quick Links
- Cost to Attend
- EIU Scholarship Search
- GPA Calculator
- Graduation Procedures and Dates
- Financial Aid
- Housing and Dining