RN to BS Program Degree Plan
Nursing Program Admission Requirements
- Admission to EIU
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point scale
- A completed application to the nursing program includes documentation of:
- Current RN license from state of residence
- Two professional letters of reference
- Professional Statement-form can be found under admissions or here
- CPR certification as a Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer
- Two-step TB testing with annual updates
- Immunizations (Hepatitis B series or waiver, DT within 10 years, and MMR (2 after first birthday if born after January 1, 1957)
- Health history and physical
- Certified Background Check
- Professional Liability Insurance
- $30 processing fee
Courses Required for Admission
(26-27). Must earn ‘C’ or better in each course. ‘G’ means course meets general education requirement.
|Course (or equivalent)||Course (or equivalent)|
|BIO 2210||ENG 1002G Comp & Literature (3)|
|BIO 2220||ENG 1001G Comp & Language (3)|
|PSY1879G Intro Psychology (3)||FCS 1800 Life Span H. Develop (3)|
|SOC 1838G Intro Sociology (3)||CHM*1040G, 1310/1315G, or 3025G|
|PHY 1052G, 1053G (Lab), or 1151G|
* Chemistry course must meet general education requirement.
Students will be required to purchase liability insurance and undergo a criminal background check prior to start of NUR 3303, 4106 and 4506.
(15 must met by prerequisites or required in nursing curriculum) 1 course must have Cultural Diversity designation.
Humanities and Fine Arts (9) – At least 1 course from humanities and 1 course from fine arts.
Language (9) – Must earn ‘C’ or better in ENG 1001G, ENG 1002G, and CMN 1310G
Social and Behavioral Sciences (9)
Mathematics (3) - Recommend taking MAT 2250G (statistics)
Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing
(41 hours from previous nursing program will be applied toward BS in Nursing).
EIU and Nursing Curriculum (42 hrs)
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|NUR 3103 (3)||BIO 1004G (3)||NUR 4106 (6)||NUR 4506 (6)|
|MAT 2250G (4)||NUR 3604 (4)||NUR 4203 (3)||NUR 4604 (4)|
|NUR 3303 (3)||NUR 3703 (3)||Senior Seminar (3)|
|Professional Elective (3)|
Variable hours may be needed to meet graduation requirements. Be sure to monitor number of hours at the 3000-4000 level and hours needed at EIU and senior [4 year] institutions. (40 hrs.)
- Successfully complete all general education requirements
- Successful completion of all nursing courses with 2.0 in each course.
- Complete minimum of 40 hrs in upper division courses (3000-4000 level courses
- Earn a minimum of 25 hrs in residence
- Successfully compete 120 hrs with CGPA of 2.0 in all courses attempted.
- Successful completion the electronic writing portfolio
- Earn 56 hrs in senior (4 year) institutions with at least 25 hours at EIU.
- 42 hours of Upper Division Classes minimum are required for graduation; 56 hours from a senior institution with at least 25 hours from EIU with a GPA of 3.6 is required to graduate with a degree of distinction