RN to BS Program Degree Plan
Nursing Program Admission Requirements
- Admission to EIU
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point scale
- A completed application to the nursing program includes documentation of:
- Current RN license from state of residence
- Two professional letters of reference
- Professional Statement-form can be found under admissions or here
- CPR certification as a Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer
- Two-step TB testing with annual updates
- Immunizations (Hepatitis B series or waiver, DT within 10 years, and MMR (2 after first birthday if born after January 1, 1957)
- Health history and physical
- Certified Background Check
- Professional Liability Insurance
- $30 processing fee
Courses Required for Admission
(26-27). Must earn ‘C’ or better in each course. ‘G’ means course meets general education requirement.
|Course (or equivalent)||Course (or equivalent)|
|BIO 2200 Human Anatomy (4)||ENG 1002G Comp & Literature (3)|
|BIO 2001G Human Physiology (4)||ENG 1001G Comp & Language (3)|
|PSY1879G Intro Psychology (3)||FCS 1800 Life Span H. Develop (3)|
|SOC 1838G Intro Sociology (3)||CHM*1040G, 1310/1315G, or 2040G (3-4)|
* Chemistry course must meet general education requirement.
Students will be required to purchase liability insurance and undergo a criminal background check prior to start of NUR 3303, 4106 and 4506.
(15 must met by prerequisites or required in nursing curriculum) 1 course must have Cultural Diversity designation.
Humanities and Fine Arts (9) – At least 1 course from humanities and 1 course from fine arts.
Language (3) – Must earn ‘C’ or better in CMN 1310G or equivalent
Social and Behavioral Sciences (3)
Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing
(32 hours from previous nursing program will be applied toward BS in Nursing).
Nursing Curriculum (45)
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|NUR 3103 (3)||BIO 1004G (3)||NUR 4106 (6)||NUR 4506 (6)|
|MAT 2250G (4)||NUR 3604 (4)||NUR 4203 (3)||NUR 4604 (4)|
|NUR 3303 (3)||NUR 3703 (3)||Senior Seminar (3)|
|Professional Elective (3)|
Variable hours may be needed to meet graduation requirements. Be sure to monitor number of hours at the 3000-4000 level and hours needed at EIU and senior [4 year] institutions.
- Successfully complete all general education requirements
- Successful completion of all nursing courses with 2.0 in each course.
- Complete minimum of 40 hrs in upper division courses (3000-4000 level courses
- Earn a minimum of 25 hrs in residence
- Successfully compete 120 hrs with CGPA of 2.0 in all courses attempted.
- Successful completion the electronic writing portfolio
- Earn 56 hrs in senior (4 year) institutions with at least 25 hours at EIU.