Academic Support Center Employment Opportunities
Full Time Positions
No positions available at this time.
Graduate Assistantship for the Academic Support Center
Position Description: Looking for a dynamic, passionate individual with excellent oral communication skills who wants to help students achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Work Schedule: Graduate Assistant is expected to maintain a regular work schedule of 19 hours per week
- Responsible for assisting the Director with the development and facilitation of services and initiatives fostering student learning support
- Teach 3 sections of EIU 2919; a course designed to help students on academic warning succeed in college- 1 in the fall and 2 in the spring
- Provide individualized academic assistance to students to improve their learning skills-Reinstated students, Review admit students, referrals, EIU 2919 students
- Offer ongoing support and referral services to students seeking to improve their academic performance
- Assist in the preparation of annual reports and the compilation of assessment data
- Conduct outreach efforts to enhance the learning environment at EIU including workshops, classroom presentations and staff information session
- Previous counseling/teaching/mentoring experience preferred
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required. Acceptance into an EIU graduate program is required.
Stipend: $1000 per month including tuition wavier (in state or out of state)
Dates of Appointment: August 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022 (GA position renewable through the 2022-2023 academic year based on first year’s performance). Student is responsible for university’s general fees each semester.
Application Process: Please email cover letter/application letter, resume, and three references to Amber Webb, Director, Email: email@example.com
Applications are accepted until the positions are filled. Additionally, individuals must complete the GA application with The Graduate School. The application can be found here.
If you have questions concerning this position, contact Amber Webb directly.
EIU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.