EMPLOYEE VIRTUAL BENEFIT FAIRS
• Employee Benefit Choice Virtual Fairs will be delivered via Web-Ex. Visit Employee Benefit Choice Virtual Fairs for specific dates and times as well as to obtain instructions on how to connect.
Your annual opportunity to select the best benefits for you and your family is during the Benefits Choice Period beginning May 1st through June 1st. All changes made during this time will go into effect July 1st. If you wish to keep your current coverage, no action is necessary unless you intend to enroll or re-enroll in a Flexible Spending Account***. Benefits Choice is the time to:
- Change health plans
- Add or drop dental coverage
- Add or drop dependent coverage
- Add, drop, increase, or decrease Member Optional Life insurance coverage;
or add or drop Child Life, Spouse Life, and/or AD&D insurance coverage
- Enroll in MCAP and/or DCAP flexible spending accounts
- Update your personal information
***PLEASE NOTE: Employees must enroll in MCAP and/or DCAP each year.
Previous enrollment in the program does not continue into the new plan year.
New for FY21
- Contribution amounts, co-pays and deductibles (if applicable) have increased. Please refer to the FY2021 Benefits Choice Booklet for additional details
- Introduction of a new high deductible health plan, known as the Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) administered by Aetna PPO in coordination with the introduction of the companion Health Savings Account (HSA). Employees may only enroll in an HSA when choosing the CDHP
- Introduction of telemedicine under HMO and OAP health plans which provides quick access to a doctor over the phone, email or video call and can often eliminate visits to your primary care physician, urgent care center, or ER and the high costs associated with those visits
- Addition of a Maintenance Choice tier for prescription drugs available to those members covered under an OAP, Quality Care Health Plan, or Consumer Driven Health Plan which allows members to obtain specific medications in a 90-day supply from CVS Caremark pharmacy or CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy for half of the copayment
- Addition of a Reduced Tier 1 pharmacy benefit for those members covered under an HMO carrier which allows members to obtain specific medications in either a 30-day or 90-day supply for a reduction of the normal tier 1 applicable copayment
- Hearing instruments and related services benefit will increase to $2,500 every 24 months and is available through all plans when a hearing care professional prescribes a hearing instrument
- Introduction of new voluntary benefits such as accident insurance and pet insurance through a 3rd party vendor. Be on the lookout for a separate mailing from the vendor for additional information
FLEXIBLE SPENDING (MCAP/DCAP)
- Re-enrollment is required for continued participation. If currently enrolled, please review your annual contribution amount to determine if it still meets your needs.
- MCAP maximum contribution amount increased from $2,700 to $2,750; $500 maximum rollover remains.
- Re-enroll online through MyBenefits Marketplace.
SICK LEAVE BANK ENROLLMENTS – Enrollment May 1st - 31st
ONLINE ENROLLMENT PLATFORM
Making benefit elections is simple through the MyBenefits website. Follow these steps:
- Go to MyBenefits.illinois.gov
- In the top right corner of the home page, click LOGIN
- If you are logging in for the first time, click Register in the bottom right corner of the login box and follow the prompts. You will need to provide your name as printed on the Benefit Choice materials mailed to your home.
- Enter your login ID and password. After logging in and landing on the welcome page, explore your benefit options by clicking on the benefit tiles.
- After exploring your benefit options and determining which benefits you would like to elect, click on the Benefit Choice Event, located on the Welcome page.
To find your NPI number for your doctor or medical group, go to https://npidb.org/npi-lookup/.
AVA, the interactive digital assistant, is available online at MyBenefits.illinois.gov or contact MyBenefits Customer Service Center by phoning 1-844-251-1717, or 1-844-251-1778 (TDD/TTY) with inquiries. Representatives are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (CST).