Benefits Choice 2023: May 1 - 31
Meet with vendors, CMS and/or your EIU benefits group to get your questions answered!
FY24 INSURANCE CHANGES
- If you wish to keep your current coverage, no action is necessary unless you intend to enroll or re-enroll in a Flexible Spending Account.
- Benefit elections should be completed through the MyBenefits website.
- Contribution amounts, co-pays, and deductibles (if applicable) have not increased. Please refer to the FY24 Benefits Choice Booklet for additional details.
- For those enrolled in Quality Care Health Plan (QCHP) and Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP), your behavioral health provider network and claims will continue to be administered by Aetna. Refer to your Benefits Choice booklet for additional information.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING (MCAP/DCAP)
- Any unused funds from your MCAP/DCAP account will be rolled over as long as you re-enroll in that program.
- Participants who do not re-enroll will forfeit any amount eligible for rollover.
- For additional election flexibility allowed, visit the MyBenefits website.
DURING BENEFITS CHOICE YOU MAY ALSO ...
- Make changes to life insurance (add/reduce coverage, add/drop dependent coverage).
- Add or drop dental insurance.
- Opt-in to health and/ or dental Insurance (requires documentation if adding dependents).
- Opt-out/waive health insurance (requires proof of other credible coverage).
- Enroll in a 403(b) or 457(b) Supplemental Retirement Plan (Vendors include: State of Illinois, American Funds, Ameriprise, Fidelity, ING, VALIC, and TIAA-CREF).
SICK LEAVE BANK ENROLLMENT: MAY 1 - 31
- Current and prospective retirees should contact MyBenefits Marketplace with questions related to insurance post-retirement.
ONLINE ENROLLMENT PLATFORM
Making benefit elections is simple through the MyBenefits website
Follow these steps:
- Visit MyBenefits.illinois.gov.
- In the top right corner of the home page, click LOGIN
- If you are logging in for the first time, click "Register" in the bottom right corner of the login box and follow the prompts.
- You will need to provide your name as printed on the Benefit Choice materials mailed to your home.
- Enter your login ID and password. After logging in and landing on the welcome page, explore your benefit options by clicking on the benefit tiles.
- After exploring your benefit options and determining which benefits you would like to elect, click on the "Benefit Choice Event" located on the welcome page.
- Click here to find your NPI number for your doctor or medical group.
AVA, the interactive digital assistant, is available online at MyBenefits.illinois.gov or contact MyBenefits Customer Service Center by phoning 1-844-251-1717, or 1-844-251-1778 (TDD/TTY) with inquiries. Representatives are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (CST).