Graduate Assistantship Information
The Office of Leadership and Engagment has multiple graduate assistantship positions. These positions run August 1-April 30 with a potential option for summer and are offered as a two year assistantship. Due to this, not all positions are available each year.
General Hiring timeline
If you are interested in a graduate assistantship in this office, please submit a resume to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing all resumes and setup interviews on a rolling basis beginning in mid-February each year with a fall semester start date. Our goal is to have all positions selected by early April each year.
- If a CSA candidate, apply to the program first and select our office as an interest for the assistantship. You will submit your resume through this process.
- All other candidates will need to email us a resume and include the program you have been accepted for and when you plan to start at EIU.
- Bachelor’s Degree and admittance into an Eastern Illinois University graduate program.
- Previous undergraduate experience in fraternity & sorority life, multicultural programming, student leadership programs, student volunteering, and/or student governance.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Effective organizational, planning and conceptualized skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and advise students/student groups of diverse cultural backgrounds; sensitivity to and appreciation of campus diversity.
Graduate Assistantship position description
Hiring staff contact information
Nathan Wehr and Crystal Brown
Office of Leadership and Engagement
600 Lincoln Avenue Charleston, IL 61920