EIU Parents Club Scholarship Guidelines & Information
The application process for 2017 is now closed.
The EIU Parents Club Scholarship is one of the largest scholarship programs administered through the Eastern Illinois University Foundation. The scholarship has awarded over $300,000 to help students in need complete their education at Eastern.
The purpose of the scholarships is to enable students needing financial assistance to continue their studies at the university. Selection of the scholarship recipients will be made based on financial need, academic achievement, and community involvement.
The information below is intended to help applicants fill out the scholarship application form.
Award decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- Recipient(s) shall be chosen without regard to race, color, gender, religion, or national origin.
- Recipients(s) shall be a citizen of the United States.
- Recipients(s) shall be a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing (2.0 gpa or above), and must have earned 12 or more credit hours from Eastern. Applicants must be enrolled for 12 semester hours for the term the scholarship is awarded.
- Recipients(s) must demonstrate financial need.
Of those students who meet the criteria, the reviewer(s) will consider the following:
- Does the student demonstrate financial need? The Parents Club Scholarships are intended to help students who have exhausted or are otherwise ineligible for other sources of financial aid.
- Has the student made an effort to meet his/her own financial needs as much as possible as judged, for example, by their employment record?
- Has the student demonstrated success in his/her academic work as judged, for example, by overall GPA and/or GPA in his/her major and the difficulty of the academic program?
- Has the student made contributions to the quality of life at Eastern Illinois University and/or the local community as judged, for example, by participation in organizations and volunteer work? The reviewers understand that many applicants will be unable to engage in such activities because of demands on his/her time for maintaining a high GPA and/or after-school employment or family obligations.
- Complete online application form.
- Upload one-page essay explaining financial need (include other information that will be helpful to the reviewers).
- Upload letter of recommendation supporting your application (from an advisor, faculty member, employer, etc. who is knowledgeable about your personal, financial, and/or academic circumstances).
- Upload a resume (include education, work experience, co-curricular experience, and community involvement).
The EIU Parents Club Scholarship application process for the 2018-2019 school year will be available in February 2018.
The EIU Parents Club Scholarship is open to all Eastern Illinois University students who are currently enrolled. The scholarship recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours) at EIU for the Fall 2018 semester. Applicants must have an overall 2.0 grade point average and must have earned 12 or more credit hours from EIU to apply.
The selected recipients will be notified in late Spring. For more information contact New Student & Family Programs at (217) 581-6435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.