Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Master of Science in College Student Affairs

Simple Steps to Becoming EIU

The M.S. in College Student Affairs Program is highly devoted to enrolling a graduate student population of individuals who are diverse in regards to culture, ability, and experience. Admission to the CSA Program is very competitive and restricted to individuals seeking full-time admission. Class size is limited to 20 to 25 students placed into a cohort-based program. Those seeking part-time enrollment will be considered if space is available.

The priority deadline to review all applications was January 22nd, 2024. However, we have moved to rolling admissions for domestic applicants. Please submit all application materials promptly to be considered. Applications will be reviewed until all positions are filled.

The CSA Days schedule is available here. Contact for further information on candidacy.

Any student who holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education and who wishes to be admitted to the M.S. in College Student Affairs program must complete the following:

Apply to the Graduate School

All students can apply to the graduate school through MyEIU. The graduate school requires:

  1. A complete online application
  2. A copy of your official transcripts
  3. A $30 application fee

Learn more about the Graduate School admissions process.

Apply to the Program

Program Admission Requirements

  1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
  2. Create a MyEIU account. This is where you will complete your Graduate School Application and your College Student Affairs (CSA) Department Application.
  3. Two departmental recommendations from individuals outside of the department familiar with applicant’s academic or work performance. (The department prefers academic references if possible). References will receive an electronic form once an email address is submitted by the applicant through MyEIU.
  4. A GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale at time of application.
  5. All students admitted to the CSA program are required to have either a graduate assistantship or submit evidence of full-time employment in an institution of higher education or closely related educational organization. (Graduate assistants are not available to students who have a GPA below 2.75)
  6. To assist you with attainment of a graduate assistantship, applicants requesting admission will be required to attend CSA Interview Days. From the pool of completed applications, the admissions committee will invite qualified candidates to CSA Days. Those invited will be contacted to register via email prior to the interview days.
  7. Students who plan to (study) attend the program on a full-time basis will be given priority in admission to the program.

The following materials must be submitted to the Department before attending CSA Days:

  • Graduate School Application
  • Undergraduate Transcript
  • Departmental Admission Application
  • Letter of Intent
  • Resume
  • Two Recommendations

Not submitting materials requested may result in admission being denied. Students are not eligible for financial aid until departmental admission is completed.

Once you are admitted to the Graduate School, submit an application to the College Student Affairs Program (CSA). The department application is also found on MyEIU.

Apply for an Assistantship

If you are interested in a graduate assistantship, you also need to submit a graduate assistantship application.

Graduate assistantships are typically awarded in accordance with the academic year. Assistantship applications are normally accepted through the middle of February; a decision for the next academic year comes within a month. For more information about graduate assistantships, please click here.

Primary Hiring Agent: Dr. Catherine Polydore
Contact Information: or (217) 581-2400
Qualifications: Acceptance into the Master of Science in College Student Affairs program
Hiring Process:
1) Admission Interview
2) Selected admitted students are asked to interview for the departmental GA.

Related Pages

Counseling and Higher Education M.S. in College Student Affairs

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit