Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Master of Science in College Student Affairs



The College Student Affairs Program welcomes applicants from across the globe. We currently have students from Dominica, Ghana, Russia and Turkmenistan. International students have access to most graduate assistantship, as domestic students. However, the application process is a little different for international students and may vary slightly based on your country of origin. Please note the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) addresses all immigration questions/concerns and requirements (e.g. English language proficiency, passport copies, etc.).  While it is not necessary to have these to be admitted into the program, you must submit ALL required immigration documents before an I-120 can be issued.  

We understand that you may have many questions. While we encourage you to browse the frequently asked questions via the

we have put together some that we have been asked over the years.


  • Can I apply for the spring semester?

No. The program is cohort based and begins every fall. This means that everyone begins in the fall, and take the same classes together, through the completion of the program. On rare occasions, a student may request a transfer of credits from another master's program. However, final approval is done on a case by case basis.

  • Can I apply if I have a bachelor’s degree in a different field?

Yes, in many cases, you can still apply to the program even if your bachelor’s is in a different field.

  • Are there any internship or practicum opportunities to provide hands-on experience?

Yes, you can do an internship at any student affairs office of your choice in the school or a different school.

  • What career paths can I pursue with this degree?

With a  Master's degree in College Student Affairs, you can pursue various career paths such as student affairs administration, academic advising, career services, student support services, residence life staff and many others.

  • Can I pursue this program on a part-time basis?

The CSA program at EIU is cohort based and therefore the whole cohort starts in the fall semester of every year. However, you can check out our Higher Education and Community Colleges (HECC) program which is online if you are working and are looking to do the program online.

  • Do you offer any networking or professional development opportunities for students?

Networking and professional development opportunities are provided through conferences, workshops and partnerships with professional organizations in the field like ACPA, NASPA, ACUHO-I and many others.

  • I am an international student. What are my chances of being admitted to the program?

We are not able to tell you your chances of being admitted into the program. In addition to meeting the requirement of the program, you are interviewed by two faculty members to determine whether you understand what college student affairs is. If the faculty is satisfied with your performance in the interview, your application materials are then reviewed by a committee.

  • What assistantship and funding opportunities are available?

A graduate assistantship is a requirement to be admitted into our CSA program. After your application materials are reviewed by the committee, it is forwarded to our student affairs offices you indicated interest in for review. The office schedules an interview with you and based on your performance you are either offered a position or not. The assistantship takes care of your tuition, and you get a monthly stipend in addition.






Related Pages

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit