Finding an Internship
- Start Early! Good internships are competitive and typically it can take a semester or longer of searching to land an internship. Many programs have a lengthy application process and early deadlines.
- Decide what type of internship you are seeking.
- Does it need to be paid?
- Are you willing to relocate or stay within a certain area?
- What type of skills do you want to gain from the internship?
- Make an appointment with your Career Counselor to discuss your options.
- Register with Career Services and set up your PANTHER TraCS account.
- Search hundreds of internship listings
- Post your resume
- Participate in On-Campus Interviews
- Compile a list of employers that meet your criteria.
- Search internship postings in your PANTHER TraCS account. Set up Search Agents to keep track of new listings that match your search criteria.
- Search websites - either specific employer sites or general job posting sites
- Have your resume reviewed by a Career Advisor. Sample internship resume
- Attend Career Network Day in the Fall & Spring Semesters. Many employers attend these events specifically looking for interns. If you are seeking a summer internship, attend the Fall event as well as the Spring because employers start looking early!
- Be the best candidate by preparing for the interview.
Internship Housing Options
Making the Most of Your Internship Experience
Top 5 Reasons to Intern