- Update your resume.
Keep your resume current at all times. Add internship and other work experiences. Have your resume critiqued by a Career Advisor for suggestions.
- Pursue leadership roles in your student organizations/clubs.
Use this to enhance your "marketability" to employers.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor.
Finalize plans for your job search strategy. Get advice on prioritizing your job offers.
- Attend Career Services workshops.
Get information on resumes, interviewing, job search strategies, dining etiquette, and more!
- Sharpen your interviewing skills through a Mock Interview.
Practice your interviewing skills with a Career Counselor. Get valuable suggestions and feedback.
- Research organizations and jobs.
Use the internet and your HANDSHAKE account to gather information about your target jobs and employers. Be informed to make better decisions.
- Connect with employers at Career Fairs.
A must for seniors!! Excellent opportunity to network with employers and find full time employment.
- Log into HANDSHAKE
Don't wait!! Log in now and post your resume for immediate resume referrals to employers. Also gain access to thousands of full time jobs, employer/industry information, on-campus interviews & more!
- Interview with employers on & off campus.
Increase your chances of getting a job offer -- interview with employers right here on campus without missing class! Send thank you notes to all persons who interview you.
- Network with anyone who might possibly open doors for you.
Most jobs are found through networking. Make the most of the Career Services' Career Fairs and special events. Make connections with faculty, alumni, neighbors, family friends, etc.
- Obtain letters of recommendation.
Ask employers, faculty members, advisors, etc. for letters of recommendation. Make sure to keep track of all past employment dates, supervisor names, etc.
- Maintain solid grades.
Don't slack off on your grades when it means the most. GPA is still very important to employers looking for dedicated, hard-working candidates.
- Graduate with a job offer!! Congratulations!