How to Drop a Course
For drop and withdrawal deadlines for your courses (including weekend and short format courses), please refer to your EIU e-mail or search by individual course reference number (crn).
- From the EIU home page click on "Login to PAWS."
- Enter your EIU Net ID and EIU Network Password.
(If you do not know your EIU Network ID and EIU Network Password, you need to contact the Continuing Education technology assistant at 217-581-7227.)
- Click on the “Student” link
- Click on “Registration” which will take you to the Registration menu.
- Go to the “Add or Drop Classes” screen.
- In the Action column you will find a box by each course. Use the drop-down menu and select the “Drop Web” option.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Submit Changes”. This will drop the course from your schedule. The screen will refresh and show that the course was deleted.
Please note: If you have a university hold on your account, you will not be able to add or drop any courses! Contact the department that placed the hold on your account for further assistance.
BGS Students Please note: If you are prompted for an Alternate Pin before you can register for courses, please contact the BGS Degree Program Office at 217/581-5618. We will remove the pin when you contact us.