Since 1951, Eastern Illinois University has been committed to advancing the professional and personal lives of our students by providing graduate degree programs and graduate courses to support rigorous study and professional development.
Graduate study at EIU offers students a favorable faculty-to-student ratio in our 34 master’s degree programs, two specialist’s degree programs, and our ten certificate programs. Currently, more than 1,400 part-time and full-time graduate students are enrolled, and more than 500 faculty hold graduate faculty status.
Why You Should Pursue Graduate Study at EIU
- Opportunities to conduct research in your field.
- Work closely with accomplished faculty.
- Expand your career opportunities.
- Earn a higher salary:
- the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employees with master's degrees earned 21% more than those with only a bachelor's degree in 2014.
- the report also states that while the average rate of unemployment in 2014 was 5.0%, the rate for those with a bachelor's degree was 3.5% and only 2.8% for those with a master's degree.
Graduate School Calendar
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm