Undergraduate Admissions Criteria
Undergraduate Admission Criteria
For more information about the Undergraduate Program in Communication Disorders and Sciences, click here.
Probationary Admission to Communication Disorders and Sciences
Students entering EIU as freshmen or transfers seeking a CDS major will be classified as probational CDS majors. Probational majors may register for all lower division (2999 or lower) courses in the CDS major. The requirements for admission to the University satisfy the requirements for probationary admission to the Department of Communication Disorders. Undergraduate admission materials are available through the Office of Admissions and High School Relations (217) 581-2223.
Access to all upper division CDS courses (3000 or higher) requires admission to the CDS major. The Department Admissions Committee reviews the applications of all probational CDS majors seeking admission to the major.
Undergraduate Admission to Communication Disorders and Sciences
Criteria for Admission to CDS major includes:
- Classification as a probational CDS major
- Achievement of a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (A=4.0) or higher for all EIU coursework
- For native EIU students, completion of at least 45 semester hours of coursework at EIU
- For transfer students, completion of at least 15 semester hours of coursework at EIU
- Completion of at least three of five lower division core CDS courses (1 of the 5 being CDS 2500 or 2800) and achievement of a minimum 2.75 grade point average for all lower division core CDS courses completed at the time of application
Only students admitted to the CDS major will be approved to register for upper division (3000 or higher) CDS courses. Applications are available in the department office, Room 2105, Human Services Building or click here to download a form.
*For additional information regarding specific undergraduate courses, please visit CDS Courses.