- The School of Business is proud to offer students professional development opportunities through the College to Career Program.
- Dani OBrill says the College to Career program has prepared her for her job search. Click here to read more.
- Welcome! Click here to explore the opportunities available to you as a freshman.
- Good work! Click here to learn more about how to engage success in your sophomore year.
- Keep it up! Click here to learn more about how to connect during your junior year.
- Congratulations, you are almost there! Click here to focus your activities during your senior year, to make that job search phenomenally successful!
- School of Business students are encouraged to attend professional development workshops & events. Click here to learn more!
College to Career Program Receives Integrative Learning Award!
The College to Career program has been awarded EIU's Integrative Learning Award. This prestigious award recognizes programs which advance integrative learning within a degree program. Eastern has always been focused on providing a high quality educational experience for our students, and a number of effective practices and activities have always supported this effort. The focus on integrative learning has been designed to enhance the educational experiences we have always offered. At its best, higher education is a transformative experience. Integrative learning seeks to ensure this by being intentional and purposeful in this regard. The College to Career program's recognition as a leader in integrative learning reflects the School of Business' commitment to providing students with experiences that will launch them into future success.
College to Career: Your Journey to Success
Do you want to become a confident business professional?
Do you want to learn the skills necessary to make a successful transition from a business student to a business professional?
Make the commitment now to complete the School of Business College to Career Student Professional Development Program.
The College to Career program encourages students to consciously enhance their professional competencies as they progress through each year of college. By graduation, students have developed the confidence and skills to make a successful transition to a career for which they have prepared. The skills and competencies they develop serve as the foundation for continued career growth and professional development after graduation.
The School of Business thanks COUNTRY Financial for its generous support of the College to Career Program.
The "College to Career" Program will:
- Provide a structure as you identify, plan, and participate in a variety of professional development activities
- Expand your integrative learning opportunities
- Give you the necessary confidence to make a successful transition to your career
- Create a foundation for building a successful career
Click on the links below to access information that will guide you during each year of your academic study:
Beyond the Classroom
In order to become a successful business professional, there are a number of skills that you'll need to learn by attending presentations and workshops offered by the School of Business and by EIU's Career Services. A partial listing of events is below, to give you an idea of the types of presentations and workshops normally offered.
Visit the School of Business website often to check the calendar and the "News" menu on the right-hand side, to find out specific information about upcoming events. These include professional networking skills presentations, study abroad informationals, business student internship presentations, registered student organization information presentations, Young Professionals Speaker Series, Business Honors informationals, and other speakers brought to the School of Business, including our successful Executive-in-Residence Program.
Also, visit EIU's Career Services website to learn more about the workshops offered, like resume writing and critiquing, interviewing skills and mock interviews, Career Boot Camp, writing cover letters, job search strategies, dining etiquette, and professional dress.
Find Out More!
School of Business Student Center for Academic & Professional Development
Lumpkin Hall 2051
Academic advising for freshmen and sophomores
EIU Career Services
College to Career Supported by COUNTRY Financial