Applications are being accepted NOW and throughout the Fall 2021 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Inquiries, Visits, and Applications to STEP are Welcome!
Visits and Information
- We welcome phone calls, campus visits, or zoom conversations year round so that you can learn more about our program.
- You might wish to plan your visit to STEP along with your visit to Campus.
- Please coordinate your campus tour through the EIU Admissions office, and please call 217-581-6361 or email STEP directly to arrange for a visit with us!
- See this campus map with STEP located in Klehm Hall if you choose to visit in person.
Application Timelines and Process
- Students interested in STEP should apply directly to STEP at the same time they are also applying for admission to the University.
- It can be helpful to make inquiries via phone call, email, or visits to STEP in advance of gathering and submitting application materials.
- STEP actively reviews completed applications in late Fall/early Winter.
- Once we have reviewed the student's application materials, we will schedule a short, informal conversation with the student and our Director.
- Parents are most welcome and encouraged to be present for this conversation as well. We can schedule this in person or via Zoom.
- We strive to have admission decisions completed by late January or early February in anticipation of your student starting at EIU in August.
Application Materials and Documentation of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Students wishing to be considered for admission to the STEP program must provide the following information and/or completed forms:
- Email forms and documents to: email@example.com
- Mail forms and documents to:
- Eastern Illinois University
- 600 Lincoln Avenue
- Charleston, IL 61920
- ATTN: STEP Program, 1311 Klehm Hall
- Due to the limited space in the program, we are unable to offer a spot to all that apply.
- An evaluation of an individual’s goodness of fit within the STEP program plays a primary role in the decision process.
- We strive to keep students and families informed of our progress in reviewing and determining admission opportunities.
- Once decisions have been made, families will be notified by email.
- If admitted to STEP, students and parents indicate their intent to enroll and participate in the program by completing and returning the STEP Agreement form and the STEP release of information form.
Please don't hesitate to call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this process.