(updated July 2021)
Installing ArcGIS Pro to your Personal Computer
Guide for EIU Students
As an EIU student you are entitled to a student version of ArcGIS Pro software. Your software will be fully functional but will expire after one year and may only be used for educational purposes. The ArcGIS Pro software is a 1.8Gb download and will take up around 3-4Gb of space on your hard drive..
Download and Install ArcGIS Pro:
- Obtain an account with EIU’s ESRI organization from your instructor.
- Navigate your browser to eiu.maps.arcgis.com
- Sign in with your EIU account
- Click your name in the upper right, then click “My Settings”
- Click Licenses
- Next to ArcGIS Pro, click Download
- Choose language, download and run the installer
When Running ArcGIS Pro for the First Time:
- Open ArcGIS Pro from the desktop shortcut or start menu.
- Click "your organizations URL".
- Enter "eiu" into the prompt.
- Enter your student credentials (i.e. your PantherMail login).
- Your software is now licensed.
To make your license available offline:
- On the ArcGIS Pro start page, click Settings in the lower left corner of the application window.
- Alternatively, if you have a project open, click the Project tab on the ribbon.
- On the menu on the left side of the application, click Licensing.
- Under Settings, check the Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline check box.