(updated July 2021)
ESRI Training Courses
Guide for EIU Students
As an EIU student you have access to a number of short "maintenance" training courses from ESRI, the maker of ArcGIS Pro software. Training courses typically take just a few hours and introduce basic GIS concepts and functionality.
To get started with ESRI Training:
- Ask your instructor or adviser to create an EIU organization-specific account for you with arcgis.com
- Navigate to esri.com/training
- Click "Sign In"
- Select "Your ArcGIS organization's URL"
- Enter "eiu" into the text box that appears. The full URL should read "eiu.maps.arcgis.com"
- Click on the blue button that says "Eastern Illinois University"
- Enter your EIU netID and password
- Click Course Catalog
Recommended Courses (for beginners):
- GIS Basics 2 hrs 35 min
- Introduction to Spatial Data 1 hr 30 min
- Introduction to Coordinate Systems 2 hrs 25 min
- Symbolizing Map Layers 1 hr 45 min
- Labeling Map Features 1 hrs 35 min
- Creating a Map Layout 1 hrs 15 min