National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
2019-2020 Executive Board Members - Front row (left to right): Kate Mushinsky, Morgan Bogdanic, Natalie Fadden, and Miranda Martinez.
Back row (left to right): Alexandria Meyer, Isabella Cox, Amber Salutric, Breeanna Henson, and Alison Blair
NSSLHA is a pre-professional organization for students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in CDS. NSSLHA is an EIU registered student organization (RSO) that supports current students by providing social activities, volunteer opportunities, and information regarding the next steps in their professional-academic career. Events include:
- Campus wide events: Academic Foundations Day, Panther and the annual health fair.
- Educational programs such as guest speakers, study abroad information, grad school preparation, and future professional preparation for SLPs and AuDs.
- Social events such as the Welcome Back Picnic, Halloweenie Roast, the Illinois Marathon, the Winter Client-Clinician Party, and the Spring Awards Banquet.
- The 2019-2020 NSSLHA officers are as follows:
- President: Breanna Henson (email@example.com)
- Vice President: Morgan Bogdanic
- Secretary: Isabella Cox
- Treasurer: Amber Salutric
- Program Coordinator: Natalie Fadden
- Autism Center Rep: Kate Mushinsky
Fall 2017 NSSLHA Halloweenie Roast
The EIU Autism Center
The CDS department houses a center that provides clinical and consultation services for persons with autism and their families, provide outreach and in-service to education agencies, and enhance the clinical training of EIU graduates. For more information, visit the EIU Autism Center webpage: https://www.eiu.edu/autismcenter/
Light it up Blue 2017
- Autism Speaks
- NSSLHA Most Outstanding Graduate Student Scholarship