Signing Up for Handshake: Employer Instructions
Connect with student applicants for your on-campus jobs in Handshake!
Why send students to several websites and departments to find jobs while at EIU? Simply post in Handshake and students will be able to easily search for on-campus student employment jobs in one portal!
Let’s get started!
- Sign up for an Employer account in Handshake at: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
- From this page, enter your email address and desired password, then click sign up.
- On the next page, enter the information for your department Point of Contact (Name,
Number, Title, & Types of Students you are interested in recruiting)
- Next, agree to the guidelines and answer "No" to the Third Party Recruiter question.
- You will be asked to verify your account via the email address you provided. (Check your Spam folder if you do not see the email!)
- IMPORTANT! Be sure to create a NEW COMPANY rather than searching for Eastern Illinois
University in Handshake. Recommended naming structure examples: Eastern Illinois University Housing & Dining
Services or EIU Housing & Dining Services
- Create a company profile for your department. You will be able to showcase your department by adding a logo and branding image.
- Finally, connect with Eastern Illinois University from the list of schools for approval by our Career Center.
- Take action! Once you are approved, you are ready to post your on-campus jobs and connect with student applicants!