Graduate School Timeline
- Begin exploring academic and career interests.
- Do Discover (online assessment program).
- Utilize resources available at Career Services.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor.
- Do an Externship to be sure about your career choice.
- Join a student organization and get volunteer experience.
- Research areas of interest by talking to faculty, advisors, and professionals in the field.
- Request and review program materials via the web.
- Register and prepare for graduate admission tests. Be aware of test dates and register in plenty of time.
- Visit schools of interest.
- Establish a portfolio and gather letters of recommendation.
- Start your personal statement/essay.
Summer before Senior Year
- Have your personal statement/essay reviewed by a Career Advisor or faculty member.
- Take graduate admissions tests if not already completed.
- Narrow list of schools and request application materials.
Senior Year-Fall Semester
- Finalize your personal statement/essay.
- Complete and mail application materials.
- Request OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS be sent.
- Complete financial aid forms.
- Send letters of recommendation.
- Schedule a mock interview with a Career Advisor.
Senior Year-Spring Semester
- Attend interviews if necessary.
- Discuss your offers with a Career Advisor/Faculty member.
- Send updated transcripts (if required).
- Once you have made your decision, notify other institutions you've applied to so that they can remove your name from the list.
- Send thank you notes to your evaluators.
- Inform Career Advisors/Faculty members of your future plans.