About the Program
The theatre arts major at Eastern offers a broad-based curriculum designed for the undergraduate student. The department offers courses that center on history and literature, performance and design and technical theatre studies. Students majoring in theatre arts receive either a bachelor of arts degree in theatre arts or a bachelor of arts degree with teacher licensure. There is also a theatre arts honors program and a flexible, student-tailored minor.
Why theatre arts at Eastern Illinois University?
- Strong, diverse faculty
- Close-knit students
- Small, but active program, providing many opportunities for young creative artists
- Multiple and varied performance opportunities
- Broad-based generalist curriculum and strong liberal-arts education
- Three upper division tracks to focus study in Performance, Design/Technology, or Theatre Generalist
- State of the Art facilities