Center for Foreign Languages and Cultures
The Center for Foreign Languages and Cultures functions as a multimedia language laboratory and open computer lab funded primarily through ATAC. It is open for use by all members of the university community, though language students and faculty are given priority access to computers and other equipment during times of peak usage.
When classes are in session, the lab is open during the following hours:
|Fall and Spring||Monday - Friday||9 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Summer Sessions||See posted hours or contact the Department of Foreign Languages at 217-581-3021|
A variety of equipment, facilities and services are available in the language lab, including the following:
- 23 PC workstations.
- One workstation equipped with scanner and JAWS software reserved for use by students with significant visual impairments or who are blind.
- E-print and copying services available with your Panther Card.
- 2 stations equipped with VHS/DVD players and monitors for individual viewing.
- One station equipped with VHS/DVD player and full size monitor for small group film viewing.
- Computer and free standing projector for group viewing.
- Reading, study and group meeting areas with foreign periodicals in French, German and Spanish.
- Free tutoring in French, German and Spanish.