University Union

Helpful Links

Hours Change

Hours change 3/21

Building Hours


Business Operations | Main Walkway | Phone — 217-581-3861

To schedule events on the EIU campus, please use the links below to download the proper forms and information. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at You can call campus scheduling at 217-581-3861.

To see a map of the union's third floor meeting room, please click here.

Outdoor Digital Displays

Events can now be promoted on the outdoor digital displays on campus. When submitting a request please provide all requested information. Requests must be made on the official form at least 5 business days in advance of the event.

Click the button below to view and edit the request. Then e-mail this form to: 


Audio-Visual Equipment and Technology Changes in Meeting Rooms

The MLK Jr. University Union provides AV & Technology equipment in the following rooms; Grand Ballroom, University Ballroom, the 1895 Room, Arcola/Tuscola, Charleston/Mattoon, Effingham, Martinsville, Loft and Schaherer room. This equipment includes a computer, projector, laptop hook up (VGA Cable) and Ethernet connection.

Casey, Greenup, Paris, Oakland, Sullivan and Shelbyville have a cart, a projector, a laptop hook up (VGA Cable) and Ethernet connection. Computers are no longer provided in these rooms.

We have a limited number of laptops available for use Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. Details available upon request in the Campus Scheduling Office.

Hours of Operation

The campus scheduling office is open Monday through Friday, 8am - 4:30pm. Forms and facility requests must be turned in during these business hours.

Client Forms


Policies and Procedures


Events are determined by size and location of event. Generally, any of the following circumstances will be considered an unusual event:

  • Large numbers of anticipated individuals to attend event.
  • Setup will be required in a location beyond current setup (tables, chairs, equipment). The sponsoring organization must obtain a work order from Facilities Planning and Management (217-581-3416) to move anything including tables, chairs, etc. Student organizations may go through Student Life Office for assistance.
  • Using a food service other than Panther Catering and Dining. All non-campus caterers and food fall under this category.
  • Outdoor gym or location (particularly those with above).

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.