- “Dr. Duncan-Lane is a wonderful instructor. She always goes out of her way to make sure I am doing okay and asks if there is anything else that she can do to accommodate me even though she already does so much.” – Devin H.
- “Mrs. Huisinga is always prepared for class ahead of time, which eases the challenges of my disability. One of my accommodations is enlarged lecture notes; she always has them printed ready on my desk before every class without a reminder." – Victoria C.
- “Dr. Cook is always more than prepared for me in class. She checks in with me frequently, in and out of lecture, to make sure I am not missing any content and tries to anticipate any potential challenges that may arise.” – Victoria C.
- “When I transferred to EIU I was lost but Mrs. Fay helped me find my way. Even though she is not aware that I have a disability, she helps me with conversation and a smile. She was always willing to meet with me and has helped me become more actively involved and confident student. – Reggie D.
“Ms. McFarland made sure that I was accommodated by making sure that I understood the material and by giving me more time on the tests.” – Kelley L.
“Mrs. Calvert is so considerate. She not only met my accommodations but she went beyond her duties so it would be the most convenient for me.” – Ellen L.
“Dr. Jenkins has been really helpful. She always makes sure my accommodations are met and she sends me PowerPoint slides via e-mail if they’re not on D2L. I feel confident that if I ever had any questions or difficulties, she would be willing to help me.” – Ashlynn F.
“Mr. Zordani went above and beyond his duty to make me a successful student because he knows that a stressed student is not a successful one. He is always very understanding when I am unable to make it to class due to my disability.” – Collin C.
"Ms. Lehman implements my academic accommodations, like providing extended test time, without drawing attention to me or my disability. Even though it may seem simple, I really appreciate it!" - Dana J.
“Mrs. Baker is an all-around great instructor! She has helped me by providing power points for class ahead of time with notes on them even though it was not listed on my accommodation letter.” – Amanda S.
“Dr. Gill goes above and beyond to make sure that I have everything I need to help me be successful in my classes. She always checks in with me and I feel comfortable going to her for help with anything.” – Jersey M.
“Dr. Glaros is always willing to help when I need anything. She knows that I have a health condition and wants to make sure that I’m not just physically healthy but emotionally healthy too.” – Andrew B.
“Dr. Rosenstein sees me as a person, not a disability. She understands the circumstances where help is needed and not the inconvenience of making an accommodation.” Becca G.
“Mrs. Reifsteck is the best teacher I have ever had. She is always willing to take the time necessary to help her students and she gives great explanations.” – Char M.
- “Dr. McGilliard always does a wonderful job of accommodating my disability. He provides his lecture notes to me ahead of time, which allows me to pay more attention to the content rather than worrying about writing down all of the information quickly enough.” – Dana J.
“Mrs. Reifsteck took the time to meet with me at the beginning of the semester to talk about my accommodations and what worked best for me, and devotes time before each exam to make sure all of my accommodations are met.” – Brenna V.
“Dr. Stowell makes sure I am accommodated by making sure I receive extra time on the quizzes and he also is easy to talk to.” – Kelley L.
“Dr. O’Rourke is great at making sure each class is interesting and fun. She is always helpful whenever her students need anything.” – Rachel F.
“Mrs. Yousaf always has a positive attitude about life and turns my day into a happier one. She genuinely cares about her students and wants them to achieve.” – Kaitlin S.
“Dr. Chesnut was so patient and kind to me. Her continuous help and hands-on way of teaching helped me learn more and led me to consider Biology as my major.” – Karlie M.
- “Dr. Viertel treats me as a person, not like a problem or disability. He stops to make sure I am getting the material I need to success in his classes and does a great job at accommodating me without drawing attention to me or my disability.” – Emily J.
- “From the moment I stepped foot in Dr. Gillespie’s classroom, he did everything in his power to ensure that I received the same information as my classmates. He has a true passion for helping others and does anything he can to meet my needs regarding my disability.” – Rila C.
“Dr. Betz is an outstanding instructor in her own right; she is a very caring individual who works with students who have disabilities to make sure any and all of their accommodations are met to the best of her ability.” – Danielle D
Office of Student Disability Services
In conjunction with the overall mission of Eastern Illinois University, the Office of Student Disability Services (OSDS) is committed to facilitating the provision of equal access and opportunity to all campus programs and services for students with disabilities. Through collaboration and support of the entire campus community, OSDS promotes universally accessible design principles, so that everyone has access to university life.
Interview Schedules: Assistant Director for the Office of Student Disability Services
Click the candidates name for complete interview schedule and resume.
Monday, March 3: Abbey Lesko-Youngberg
Tuesday, March 4: Robert Prieboy
Wednesday, March 5: Melissa Sons-Ashmore
OSDS is located in Ninth Street Hall (the corner of Ninth and Roosevelt) in room 2006.
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (217) 581-6583
Fax: (217) 581-7208
Campus Support Services
- CASA Homepage
- Academic Advising
- Disability Services
- Student Success Center
- Testing and Evaluation
Contact Us!Office of Student Disability Services
Eastern Illinois University 600 Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920
Ph: (217) 581-6583
Fax: (217) 581-7208