Awards & Scholarships
Asian Studies Awards & Scholarships
- Asian Studies Annual Paper Awards
- Asian Studies is pleased to announce its 2014 student paper awards competition. Any paper that deals with Asia and was written in Spring 2013, Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 for a course at EIU (or presented at a conference) will be accepted. A paper that was submitted for 2013 awards will not be considered. Winners will be recognized with certificates and monetary awards at a conference on Asia at EIU in April 2014. The winners are expected to present their papers and receive the awards at the conference. The deadline for submission is 12 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, 2014. Please include an abstract of your research on the title page of the paper. If you have any question related to the award or the paper submission, please contact the chair of the committee, Dr. Eunseong Kim, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-581-6003.
- Asian Studies Leadership Award
- The Asian Studies Program is accepting nominations for a leadership award for an EIU student whose contributions have made a positive impact on our campus to fulfill the mission of Asian studies: to promote education about Asia and take leadership in Asia-related programs and research. Please send your nomination to Dr. Jinhee Lee, Coordinator of Asian Studies, at email@example.com by Monday, April 14. The letter of nomination must include the nominee's name, email, and a brief description of the nominee’s contribution toward the aforementioned mission of Asian Studies during the current academic year. The award will be announced at the Asian Studies Awards Ceremony on Thursday, April 24.
- Asian Studies Study Abroad Scholarship
- The Asian Studies Program is accepting applications for scholarship for EIU students who are minoring in Asian Studies and demonstrating a commitment to studying abroad in Asia through EIU. The scholarship shall be used to defray the cost to study abroad in Asia within the current or the following academic year. Please send your letter of application to Dr. Jinhee Lee, Coordinator of Asian Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 14. Your application letter shall include your purpose and preparation for your study abroad plan in Asia along with your name, major and minor, and email. The award will be announced at the Asian Studies Awards Ceremony on Thursday, April 24
EIU Awards & Scholarships
- Awards EIU students presenting original research/creative activity at a conference in keeping with the ICGD's mission: promoting a greater awareness of global diversity and interdisciplinary approaches to Africana, Asian, Latin American, and Women's Studies.
- History Faculty Writing Awards History
- EIU History Department award for the best paper in world history (excluding European and US history) written by an undergraduate for a course taught in EIU's history department.
- The Leften Stravianos World History Award
- EIU History Department awards a one-year membership in the World History Association to one graduate student and one undergraduate student majoring in history and pursuing a career in teaching
- EIU Student Affairs Scholarship
- A number of scholarships are available which are handled through the Division of Student Affairs.