Microsoft Teams Voice
Users have two options when using Microsoft Teams: the MS Teams desktop app or the MS Teams web client. The web client is found at the landing page when logging into Panthermail. To determine if the desktop app is installed, go to the Start menu by clicking the Windows logo on the lower left corner of your screen and search for Microsoft Teams. On Mac, go to the Applications folder and click Microsoft Teams. On a mobile device, tap the Teams icon. If it is already installed, then you are all set! Sign in with your EIU username and password.
If the Teams desktop app is not installed, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app and install the "Teams for Work or School" option If you need assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 217-581-4357 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SET UP YOUR VOICEMAIL (TWO OPTIONS)
1. To configure your voicemail settings in Teams, click your profile picture and select Manage Account > Calls. In the Voicemail section, click Configure voicemail. Then you can change the settings including call answer rules, greeting language and much more.
2. To configure your voicemail settings in Teams, click the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select Settings > Calls. In the Voicemail section, click Configure voicemail. Then you can change the settings including call answer rules, greeting language and much more.
CONFIGURE A SECONDARY RINGER – Recommended for Headset Users
If you have multiple certified devices connected to your computer, you can set one as your secondary ringer, which means it'll ring when a call comes in. Answer incoming calls on any device—not just the ones that rings.
- In your Teams client, click on the three dots next to your profile picture
- Go to Settings > Devices.
- Under Secondary ringer, choose which output device you would like to ring when receiving calls.