The purpose of the Rural School Initiative is to develop a network of P-16 educators and community stakeholders to work together to address common issues. A major theme is to elevate teaching as a profession and provide support for current and future teachers.
- Elevate the teaching profession and inspire people to join the profession.
- Provide P-16 opportunities to rethink education and teacher preparation
- Work with local partners to align teacher supply to create streamlined pathways into the teaching profession.
- Provide opportunities for P-12 and teacher educators to locate and adopt research-based practices to improve outcomes for students
- Develop robust teacher mentorship and induction programs.
- Work together to identify and seek funding to support local initiatives with local resources