Illinois Higher Education Center
To assist Illinois colleges and universities in reducing the negative alcohol, other drug and violence consequences impeding student academic success, personal growth and development through policy development, education and student assistance, enforcement, assessment, campus/community collaboration and socio-ecological interventions.
Goals of the Illinois Higher Education Center
- To increase the number of Illinois colleges and universities having a campus/community coalition and/or a campus task force focusing on alcohol, other drug and violence prevention.
- To increase the number of Illinois institutions of higher education that collect and use data in their prevention efforts.
- To increase the number of campuses that use evidence-based prevention strategies.
- To increase the number of campuses using evaluation in their prevention efforts.
- To increase the number of campuses developing and implementing emerging policies based on evidence of effectiveness.
We have three new members of the 2019/2020 IHEC team! Aisha Khan-Crowe, Assistant Director of Higher Education Center for Alcohol, Other Drugs and Violence Prevention. Along with our Graduate Assistants, Grace Rowan and Madison Palmer.