Illinois Higher Education Center
Due to COVID-19, IHEC is working remotely. Our office phone number is still in use and we are still here to serve you!
To assist Illinois colleges and universities in reducing the negative alcohol, other drug and violence consequences impeding student academic success, personal growth and development through policy development, education and student assistance, enforcement, assessment, campus/community collaboration and socio-ecological interventions.
Goals of the Illinois Higher Education Center
- To increase the number of Illinois colleges and universities having a campus/community coalition and/or a campus task force focusing on alcohol, other drug and violence prevention.
- To increase the number of Illinois institutions of higher education that collect and use data in their prevention efforts.
- To increase the number of campuses that use evidence-based prevention strategies.
- To increase the number of campuses using evaluation in their prevention efforts.
- To increase the number of campuses developing and implementing emerging policies based on evidence of effectiveness.
For further information, please contact our Assistant Director, Madison Palmer at email@example.com, or Graduate Assistants, Orlando Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or Clay Anderson at email@example.com .