EIU HOUSING AND DINING REUNION
HOUSING AND DINING Reunion:
Former students and staff are always welcome to come back to campus for a visit. Every 5 years we host a reunion where several hundred former staff members come back to EIU. There are some activities that bring everyone together but the real fun is all the “mini reunions”. This is the perfect opportunity to get your group together.
Register today and join University Housing & Dining Services and the EIU Alumni Association for the third Housing Reunion this June 4-7, 2020. We hope you will join us and encourage your friends to do the same we were reconnect to celebrate our shared EIU experiences.
Thursday, June 4
- 4-8 pm - Reunion Check-In McKinney Hall
- Check-in and pick up your registration packer
- 5-7 pm - Reunion BBQ - Brainard House
- Catch up with your former classmates and fellow alumni while enjoying a complimentary BBQ meal, courtesy of the EIU Alumni Association.
- 7-9 pm - Bingo and the Moose Lodge
- Get a group of your fellow alumni together to enjoy this long-standing local tradition. There's no cover charge at the door. Just pay for your games.
Friday, June 5
- 9 am - 10 pm - Reunion Check-In - McKinney Hall
- Early arrival activities
- 9 am - 3 pm - Housing Alumni and Staff Golf Outing
- The cost is $60 per person, including green fees, box lunch, and cart.
- 10 am - 3 pm - Road trip to Moonshine and wine tour
- Grab a burger with us at the famous Moonshine. Then we're off to Cameo Vineyards and Castle Finn Winery. The cost is $30 per person, includes transportation and wine tasting fees. Trip dependent on the number of attendees.
- 4 pm - Four O'Clock Club at Marty's
- Unwind with old friends at this time-honored tradition. Appetizers provided. Cash bar available.
- 6 - 8 pm - Reunion Kick-Off Celebration in Library Quad
- Tickets are $15 per person. Featuring great food, beer/wine bar, music, and giveaways. Rain location is University Ballroom, MLK Jr. Union
Saturday, June 6
- 9 am - 6 pm - Reunion Check-In - McKinney Hall
- 8 am - 10 am - Breakfast in Stevenson Hall
- Enjoy a complimentary breakfast, courtesy of University Housing and Dining Services.
- 9 am & 10:30 am - Campus and Hall Tours leaving from Stevenson Hall
- Transportation accommodations can be made for those requiring assistance for this one-hour tour.
- 12 noon - 1 pm - Taste of Charleston
- Get a group together and grab lunch in town.
- 1 pm - 4 pm - Kayaking, canoeing, and hiking - Lake Charleston
- Enjoy the fresh air, complimentary kayaks/canoes, and newly designed hiking trails.
- 1 pm - 4 pm - Open Bowling - EIU Lanes, MLK Jr. Union
- Get a group of your fellow alumni together and bowl at the MLK Jr. Union
- 2 pm - 4 pm - Residence Hall Open Houses
- Come visit your old stomping grounds any time during this window.
- 5 pm - 7 pm - Celebration Banquet
- Tickets are $25 per person.
- 7:30 pm - Trivia Night Competition between the decades at Marty's
- Test your EIU knowledge with a fun night of trivia.
Sunday, June 7
- 8 am - 12 noon - Reunion Check out - McKinney Hall
Register for events HERE.
Stay on-campus with us in the triad. A limited number of rooms are available in Ford and McKinney Halls. Check in/out at reunion headquarters in McKinney Hall.
$20 a night per room. Includes a double room with two twin beds. Pillows, blankets, sheets, and towels are provided. Private bathroom facilities are located across the hall from the rooms. Reservations may be made by completing the section online.
The Alumni Services office will be preparing a special reunion book that information submitted by alums. Please complete this form and be added to the memory book. Even if you cannot attend, we will send you a book following the reunion.
If you want to confirm that we have your current info, please complete this online form. CLICK HERE
HOUSING AND DINING Legacy Courtyard:
Leave your mark on campus. Alums who had memorable experiences on campus are taking the opportunity to buy a brick or paver as a permanent way to recognize those special times in the Memorial Courtyard located between Lawson and Andrews Hall.
4"x8" Imprinted brick-$100 16"x16" Imprinted paver -$250 16"x72" Bench Paver-$2,500
Purchase a brick online
Contact us at 1-800-ALUM-EIU (800-258-3648), or email email@example.com if you have any questions.