Faculty and Staff
Ph. D in Mathematics Education. University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, August, 1999.
M.Ed in Mathematics Education. University of Georgia,Athens, Georgia, December, 1996.
B.S. in Mathematics Education. Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, South Korea, February, 1995.
- Jeon, K. (February, 2012). A Problem of Rule-driven Teaching of Mathematics: Reflection on PEMDAS. Teaching Children Mathematics, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Jeon, K. (Fall, 2009). Mathematics Hiding in the Nets for a Cube. Virginia Mathematics Teacher, Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Jeon, K. (March, 2009). The Mathematics Hiding in the Nets for a Cube. Teaching Children Mathematics. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Jeon, K., & Bishop, J. (2008). Solutions to the Nine Jumping Numbers Problem. Teaching Children Mathematics. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Jeon, K., & Bishop, J. (2007). Nine jumping numbers. Teaching Children Mathematics. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Jeon, K. (2003). Understanding teacher reflection as a significant tool for bringing reform-based teaching in college mathematics. Journal of Mathematics and Science: Collaborative Explorations. 6, 191-200.
- Jeon, K. (2002). On becoming a reform-oriented mathematics professor by reflection. In D. S. Mewborn (Ed.), Proceedings of the XIX Annual Meeting, North American Chapter of International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (pp. 1630-1631). Athens, GA.
- Liu, G., & Jeon, K. (2002). Getting over the Atlas complex: A college professor’s reflective journey throughjournalizing of her own teaching. Research in Mathematical Education. 6(2), 123-133.
- Rho, N., Seo, K., & Jeon, K. (2000, October). Connecting mathematics teacher education with research activities:Making teachers as researchers. Paper presented atthe Annual Conference of the Korea Society of Educational Studies in Mathematics, Chungju, S. Korea: Korea National University of Education.
- Seo, K., & Jeon, K. (2000). Preservice teachers’ pedagogical knowledge and subject-matter–content knowledge on the fraction-related operations. Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics, 10(1),103-113.
- Jeon, K. (2000). Changes in epistemologies: Understanding teacher education from constructivism and sociocultural theories.Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics, 10(1), 1-10.
- Jeon, K. (2000). Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory and its implications to the role of teachers in students’ learning of mathematics. Research in Mathematical Education, 4(1), 33-43.
- Jeon, K. (1999, February). What constitutes good teaching practice? A case study of an experienced mathematics teacher’s classroom teaching practice from the practitioner’s perspective. Paper presented at the 22nd annual conference of Eastern Educational Research Association (EERA), Hilton Head, SC.
- Park, M., Jeon, K., & Jung, I. (1998). Introduction of TIMSS and its implications for Korean mathematics education. Journal of the Korean School Mathematics Society, 1(1), 97-109.
- Jeon, K. (1998). First ICMI-East Asia Regional Conference on Mathematics Education: A personal report. Mathematics Educator, 9(1), 18-19.
- Jeon, K. (1998). A teacher’s beliefs about mathematics and their manifestation in teaching practice. Proceedings of the First International Commission on Mathematical Instruction East Asia Regional Conference on Mathematics Education (pp. 17-29). Chungju, S. Korea.