As a TRiO student, you are eligible to apply for the TRiO scholarships to be applied toward each recipient’s Tuition or On-Campus Housing expenditures. Scholarship monies will be applied to each recipient’s total financial aid package by July 1, of each year. To apply for this scholarship, you will need to complete the following steps.
- Fill out the Scholarship Application and print the final copy.
- Obtain two Letters of Recommendation from a:
- Other (professional/employer)
- Prepare a personal essay supporting need for scholarship
It is necessary that you complete and submit the required packet by the second week of March. That should give you time to obtain the necessary letters of recommendation and write the essay. We urge you to request the appropriate letters of recommendation immediately. Eligible students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above. A committee of faculty and university staff familiar with the TRIO program will make the scholarship decisions. No TRiO advisor will be on the committee to choose the recipients. If you have questions regarding completing the packet, please contact us.
Scholarship application packets should be returned to the TRiO/Student Support Services office via any of the methods below:
- On campus address envelope to the TRiO program
- Off campus mail to TRiO/Student Support Services, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL 61920.
- Drop it off and meet the staff at our office at 3017 9th St. Hall